What is Project Ethiopia?

Monday, October 18, 2010

.....I'm rolling in the dough!






Bread dough, that is ! To go along with my new-found skills as a campfire cook, I can now add bread baker to my list of survival skills. I put out an APB (All Points Bulletin-remember "Dragnet"?) on our community email network. The email asked if any of my neighbors could teach me how to bake bread the old-fashioned way (no bread machines)
Well- now I am up to my armpits in bread dough!! haha
So far, I have learned how to make Marjorie's Famous Biscuits, Jo's Norwegian Potato Bread, Karen's Honey Wheat and Sourdough Bread, with Beryl's Cinnamon Rolls and Sue's Yummy Bread to follow--- and who knows who else is to come! I will have the biggest hips in Ethiopia by the time I am done!! Hopefully I will walk it all off so I can continue to eat these wonderful breads from these special neighbors. And as you can see, Tom is loving these baking lessons!!

No comments:

Post a Comment